Sunday, November 4, 2012

Little Things

It's interesting, the difference little things can make.  I like to write notes to visitors.  Last week, I noticed that there was a woman I didn't know in worship.  She rushed past me after worship, so I didn't get a chance to meet her.  She'd signed the friendship pad, so last week I'd sent her a note, saying I'd hope she'd been warmly welcomed and I looked forward to meeting her.  She rushed over and stood in line following worship.  She was delighted to have received my note.  Next Sunday I will be meeting with people interested in joining the church.  All of them have commented on how much my short note meant to them.  I'm delighted. 

It was cold at the stadium yesterday, and I was standing on the concrete for over 5 hours.  I was wearing good shoes with inserts and warm socks, but by the time we left my feet were complaining.  After I got home, I went down to pick up Daughter, and she volunteered to give me a foot massage.  I took her up on the offer, and it really helped.  I was concerned about how well I'd be able to walk today, but my feet were in pretty good shape this morning.  I was able to do my usual pacing during worship with no problem.  I'm sure the extra hour of sleep helped, too.  It really is the little things....

No comments: