Thursday, November 8, 2012

Meetings

I had a meeting this afternoon.  It was over 70 miles from  here.  It's a committee that I have found to be exceedingly frustrating at times.  I attempted to redeem it today by meeting Sister Best Friend for lunch before the meeting.  The meeting itself was frustrating, but I think progress was made.  There are some major communication issues in this larger church body, and those communication issues were very evident today.  Over the course of the meeting we realized that we don't know our purpose, and we don't know the purpose of a task force that is working on issues that intersect with our responsibilities.  We were able to state quite clearly that we need to know those purposes.  It will be interesting to see if that gets communicated.

As I reflect on that meeting, I begin to understand why people get so frustrated with the church and with meetings.  It also makes me very grateful for how well this particular congregation functions.  Very grateful. 

No comments: