Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Long Days

This week has been a week of long days.  I stayed at the church through supper for evening meetings Monday and today.  Yesterday I was at a meeting all day.  The all day meeting put me behind.  I'm hoping I can finish things up tomorrow so I can have Friday and Saturday off.  I'd like to clean the carpet in the family room Friday.

Daughter seems to be a bit volatile today.  She called me tonight, furious because the meeting about her case plan is coming up December 7.  She was furious with me for agreeing to it.  When I answered the phone, she said, "How dare you!"  I had no clue what she was talking about, of course.  I wasn't very sympathetic.  She will be home tomorrow night.  I can't say I'm looking forward to that right now.  At least she won't be here Friday night this week. 

The last football game of the season is Saturday, but I'm not working it, for which I'm grateful.  I'm looking forward to a Saturday without any church responsibilities.  Of course, that means I have to get the sermon and PowerPoint done tomorrow....

No comments: