Wednesday, November 21, 2012

More Progress

Daughter called this morning and told me her program was going to a buffet for lunch.  After consulting with Administrative Assistant I called her and asked her if she'd like to work in the church office this afternoon.  The buffet was closer than her program, so picking her up from there would save me time and enable me to work at the office until the work was done.  Daughter was delighted by the offer.  She sometimes has problems with surprises and changes to her routine.

I picked her up and she sat down and folded and stuffed all the bulletins for Sunday.  She helped AA straighten things up in the sanctuary.  She put address labels on envelopes for me.  She did all of this without complaining and worked at a steady pace.  We were impressed and grateful. 

I completed everything I needed to do in order to take the next three days off.  The sermon and PowerPoint for Sunday are ready to go.  I'm delighted.  We will go to a college basketball game tonight with friends, and tomorrow we will pick up Sister and Short Niece on our way to Brother's house for Thanksgiving.  I'm looking forward to relaxing the next few days. 

No comments: