Monday, October 27, 2008

Drama

Daughter came home today and asked if she could watch an episode of Degrassi on the DVR. The rule is her bedroom has to be clean before she can watch TV. She managed to trash it again this weekend, and I was foolish and opened her closet door, and once again clean clothes were strewn all over the floor. I told her that she needed to take care of that first.
That led, of course, to a rage. I don't even remember the content of her rantings. I've learned to tune them out. She came into the kitchen while I was fixing supper, and handed me a written apology. She was upset because of something that happened at the workshop today, and she was wrong to take it out on me. It was all J's fault. I pointed out, again, that she chooses how to respond to these things, and the rage was her responsibility.
So here's the latest on the soap opera at the workshop. B, Daughter's best friend, had been dating J, whose parents once accused Daughter of phone harrassment (until I produced the phone records that showed he was making the majority of the phone calls). D, who Daughter once dated, has been a part of this interesting triangle with J and B. B once spent the weekend at J's house while his parents were away camping-- and his mother has told J he can't see B at all-- let alone have her over for the weekend.
Anyway, last week B broke up with J so she could get together with D (and they're now making wedding plans). B had to break up with J because J was going behind his mother's back. Yes, Daughter bought this, until I pointed out that hadn't been a problem 3 months ago when she spent the weekend at his house.... J is trying to pull Daughter into this mess. He's telling her not so nice things about B and D.
As I fixed supper, we talked about what was going on, and who had made poor choices. I thought she was seeing B and D's responsibility in all of this. After supper I called Daughter, and she was on the phone with B and D. B and D both have histories of failing to return of even answer Daughter's phone calls. I guess since J is out of the triangle they are trying to pull Daughter in. So, we had another long conversation with many tears about whether or not they are good friends or friends who can be trusted.
The big problem is that there aren't a lot of alternatives. There aren't that many high functioning clients at the workshop. Daughter wants to go live with family. She wants out of here. She wants a job in the community. I pointed out that she needs to work on the job skills we've been discussing at the workshop if she wants a job in the community. We had a long talk, and now she is going to camp out in my bedroom tonight. Poor Daughter. I told her she has to go to the workshop tomorrow, but Wednesday she'll be home with me to help with the senior luncheon and go see the new endo.

2 comments:

MBA Community Ministries said...

I wish you a better day tomorrow! Enjoy a good nights sleep. We all need it. Blessings.

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks. Hopefully Daughter will sleep well in the security of my recliner, and be ready to face the day.