Sunday, October 26, 2008

Home and Exhausted

I didn't sleep well last night-- it was 72 in our room even though I kept turning the thermostat down. At home, I keep the thermostat at 60.
Daughter came in 5th (last) in her division. She was delighted with her ribbon and had a great time. Her blood sugars were running high today-- probably from adrenaline. By the time we got home, her blood sugar was back in range. She's downstairs fixing supper for us, I'm sitting in recliner with my feet up.
I think everyone had a good time. The athletes were so excited-- they all wore their medals and ribbons into the buffet we went to for lunch. A number of them came up to me to show me their medals and tell me how well they had done. I've been present at enough events now that they know me as Daughter's mom. I collected lots of hugs today. It's so wonderful to see these people experience success at something and do some of the things the rest of us take for granted. I love Special Olympics. She still has several more local bowling dates, and then the area bowling tournament will be in January. As soon as I know the date, I'll set up for her respite provider to take her (it's usually on a Sunday morning, and I'm not going to take a Sunday off for the area tournament).
I'm going to go to bed early tonight, and snuggle in under my blankets and comforter. Mondays are my day off, and I looked at my calendar today and was delighted to discover I don't have anything scheduled for tomorrow. I want to get some work done here around the house, but I'm not going to push myself too hard.

No comments: