Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back to School


Tonight I'm going back to school. I'm going to be taking a class on Microsoft Access at the local career center. The class runs from 5:30 to 8:00 on 4 evenings over the next 2 weeks. I want to do some work on our membership database at the church. I know we can do more with it, I just don't know how.

I've never taken a class about computers. When I was in seminary 25 years ago, one of my classmates offered an evening seminar on the use of computers in the church. I didn't attend to the seminar, because there was no use for computers in the church. Now, I can't function without one.

I do have some concerns about going back to class. I'm not sure I can sit still for 2 1/2 hours. I wonder if I'll be the oldest person in the class.
Daughter will be with her respite provider tonight. We go into get her Medicaid and the waiver that provides the respite money reauthorized today. It is nice to be able to take an evening class without worrying about what to do with Daughter. I hope that I will be able to do some of these things without her on a more regular basis. It's hard finding a babysitter for a 21 year old, so I am truly blessed to have the waiver that provides the respite.

No comments: