Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Class


My MS Access class tonight was interesting. The instructor was asked to teach the course a week ago, and yesterday learned that it was going to be on Access 2007, which he has never used. When he got to class, he didn't have the password to get us into the computer. The person who could give us the password was in a meeting, and couldn't be disturbed. They were having a big dinner at the school tonight, and the sound system for it was hooked up to the speaker in our classroom. In 2 1/2 hours, we made it through the first unit, which was supposed to take 30 minutes.


It was all worth it, though. I've already learned some things and picked up some ideas. Even better, of the 5 people in the class, two of us are women in ministry, there to figure out how to better set up our church membership databases. We're going to get together and share ideas. My closest friend in this area moved to another church over a month ago, so I'm delighted by the opportunity to connect with another colleague. If that's all I get out of this class, it will be worth it. Oh, and four of us were probably fairly close in age. I wasn't the oldest person there!


Daughter did well with her respite provider, and was glad to see me when we got home. We successfully reapplied for her Medicaid today.

No comments: