Thursday, October 23, 2008

Last Class

Well, this evening I went to my final class on Office Access. Our respite provider fell while she was here Tuesday, badly bruising her knees. She's off work for a week, which meant she couldn't come tonight. The agency offered to send someone else, but I had to check with Daughter first. I offered her a choice: go to class with me or stay with someone she didn't know. She wanted a respite provider. Of course, they couldn't find one.
I took Daughter with me. I wasn't going to miss the last class. I let her take my laptop, and with her earphones she watched a DVD. She was very cooperative. I'm glad I took this class. I learned how to use some software that is going to be tremendously useful in the office. I made a new friend. I discovered I can still learn, and I can sit in a class in the evening for 2 1/2 hours. I discovered I can have a life apart from my Daughter. I hope that Daughter discovered that she doesn't need me here with her every evening.
I'm going to check out what else they're offering at the career center. I will be taking another class. I haven't decided if it will be a computer class, or basket weaving. They offer one night classes that enable you to complete specific baskets during the class. That might be fun.

No comments: