Sunday, October 26, 2008

Not One of My Better Days

I think it would be safe to say that I wasn’t real with it on Saturday. I got up at a reasonable time and headed downstairs. I grabbed my pills and took them with some milk. Only problem was, they weren’t my pills, they were Daughter’s. She’s on some pretty heavy duty stuff—an antipsychotic and a medication to prevent seizures. I ended up very tired and light-headed. I tried to use cortisone cream to brush my teeth (it doesn’t taste very good). I went back to bed in the morning, but in the afternoon we had to go to the workshop to join up with the people going to the Special Olympics. I slept on the bus. At supper time I had iced tea, which revived me some.

Hopefully I will still be able to sleep tonight. There is wireless here at the hotel, but it’s not free, and it won’t take my credit card. If I can’t get it to work, I may need to wait and post this tomorrow after we get home.

Daughter had a low on the bus on the way here. She ate spaghetti for supper, and I cut the insulin from what I thought she’d need. She’s still threatening to go low, though, so I guess that didn’t work so well. Even with all of this, it’s good to be away, even if it is just for the night.

No comments: