Friday, February 14, 2014

Surgery and Such

Daughter arrived yesterday with extra test strips, for which I'm grateful.  I never did hear from Home Owner about the doctor's appointment, so I was the only one with her this morning and did not have the form for her physical.  Her average blood sugar is down, but still not good.  We will continue to work on it.

I went to see my surgeon this afternoon.  It was not good news.  The bones in my left arm have not healed.  The hardware is coming loose. It is the reason why my wrist has been getting weaker and I've had more pain.  Some of the screws are fusing with the bone, others are loose because the bone has been moving-- they have damaged the bone, further weakening it.  I told him I had to be working through Lent.  I needed to be healthy by March 5 or wait until after April 20.  The surgery will be Tuesday.  He will remove hardware, do a bone graft, and install new hardware.

Once again this congregation is amazing.  I have people lined up to take me to the hospital (and I have to be there at 6:00 a.m.)  I  told one woman she could fight it out with another member as to who would take me. Our Friday night children's ministry was this evening, and as I left the kitchen to go upstairs and prepare for my part, they were plotting as to who would spend Tuesday night with me, since the surgery will be outpatient.  I'm hoping my recovery time is faster this time.

Administrative Assistant and I talked, and I know what my priorities are for Monday.  Daughter is doing amazingly well with this. Of course, I called her on her tendency to create drama around these things.  That will cut the drama a bit, I hope.  I have a number of things I want to get done before the surgery Tuesday, so the next few days will be very busy.  It will all work out. 




No comments: