Sunday, February 23, 2014

Setting in Worship

This morning I went to worship.  One of our leaders was preaching, so I didn't have any responsibilities for worship.  It was wonderful to be able to just sit and worship.  My recovery is progressing very quickly this time.  I took a shower this morning (with the dressings on my arm protected, and stood up for it rather than using the bench.  It was weeks before I was up to that last time, and I hadn't even showered yet at this point last time. 

I'm completely off the pain meds now.  I took one at bedtime for a couple of nights after I stopped them during the day, but didn't even do that last night.  It was a very quiet day yesterday.  Daughter had texted Friday, saying she wanted to come help me.  I informed her it was too much work to keep her safe and she couldn't come.  Her response amazed me:  "Okay.  Love you." 

I have regained use of my hand much more quickly this time, which has made life much easier. I haven't driven yet, but think I will tomorrow.  I could have today, but figured I'd catch too much grief if people saw my car in the parking lot.  This is going to be a busy week, so I will need to pace myself.  I know I don't have all my strength back yet.  I do have enough, though, to do what needs to be done. 

No comments: