Thursday, February 20, 2014

Recovery

The surgery went well.  I have been well cared for.  A couple from the church brought me home and spent the first night here. The recovery is going better this time.  I didn't have the trauma of the fall, and I declined all narcotic pain killers.  I was coherent and able to walk well on my own by Tuesday evening.  Last time it took several days.  The biggest challenge came in the recovery room-- my oxygen level kept dropping.  They'd come in and tell me to breathe, and it would go back up. I'd doze off, and it would drop.  I finally suggested getting out my cpap, and that solved the problem.

Daughter was surprised by how good I sounded  yesterday morning.  She is not working at the office today, but will be picked up for choir tonight, and will stop by here briefly to see me.  That should be reassuring for her, but I think once she heard my voice get back to normal, she was fine.

I'm sleeping a lot, and doing very little.  I did manage to unload the dishwasher yesterday, and I prepared my own lunch and supper.  Of course, it helped that I had frozen meals ahead of time.  Tomorrow I will see the surgeon, and we'll see what he has to say.  For now, I'm satisfied with the pace of my recovery. 

No comments: