Monday, February 17, 2014

Countdown

Far Away Sister asked if I was ready for my surgery tomorrow.  I asked her if we are ever ready for surgery.  She acknowledged I had a point. 

It's snowing, and I'm now supposed to be there at 5:45 in the morning.  It will all work out.  We're only getting 6 inches this time-- minor compared to our other storms this winter. 

Daughter has been subdued today.  I've talked to her once.  She seems to have accepted the reality that she's not going to be there tomorrow and may not see me until this weekend.  She will be able to talk to me, though, so that should help. 

I've gotten most of the things I wanted to do at the house taken care of.  I haven't been as successful here at the church.  I guess I'm distracted today.

I have a meeting this evening, and I should probably aim for an early bedtime tonight.  We'll see.  I have one final load of laundry to transfer to the dryer when I get home. 

I have been remembering more things that were very challenging in the days following surgery.  I certainly hope this time it's easier. 

No comments: