Saturday, February 1, 2014

Good Day

I've been struggling with depression and not doing well at keeping up with the chores around the house.  Today I finally had a productive day at home.  Putting music on helps, and taking frequent breaks helps, too.  I managed to get all the laundry done and put away, including changing the sheets on my bed.  I cleaned the kitchen, made corn tortillas and enchiladas for the freezer, and then cleaned the kitchen again.  I also got started on my income taxes, and did some filing of paperwork.  I took care of some recycling.  I even shaved when I was in the shower. 

After picking Daughter up, I stopped for gas and sent Daughter in to buy some firework.  I came home and started a fire in the fireplace.  I've put all the clean dishes away.  I've done some mending. 

We got more snow today.  If we hadn't had so much, this would have felt like a big storm.  One of the saints came over and cleared my driveway, and I'm grateful.  My weak wrist has been protesting all the shoveling I've been doing.  The piles along the side of the driveway have gotten pretty high.  It's warmer today-- the temperature has been between 25 and 30 for the most part.  I'm finding it easier to deal with the snow when it's not so bitterly cold. 

I plan to go to bed early tonight.  I need to be at the church by 7:45, and we may need to clear the driveway again in the morning.  We'll probably need to clear the driveway in the morning.  I warned Daughter she need to bring appropriate clothes for that, and she did. 

No comments: