Friday, April 13, 2012

A Walk in the Woods

Walking Partner took me to a new park this morning for our walk. We walked almost 4 miles, and the trail was wonderful. We went through hardwood and pine forests, on boardwalks over marsh lands, and through meadows as we walked. We saw a few runners, but for the most of the time we were alone. There were a couple of spots where we saw signs of civilization, but most of the time we were enjoying a walk in the woods. It was cold this morning, but I was comfortable with a sweatshirt, windbreaker, and gloves.
.
I came home and went back out for more garden supplies. I transplanted a few houseplants into larger pots, started some more seeds, began constructing my second raised garden bed, and transplanted my strawberries into the completed garden bed. I need to do some cleaning, but I'd much rather play outside. I realized today that I don't have to take an extended vacation here. I can get my outdoors fix right here in town. We'll go camping for a while this summer, but the majority of my vacation will be spent here at home-- walking in the woods and playing in my yard. Tomorrow I have an all day meeting. I'd rather be outside in my yard, but I'll be a responsible adult and attend the meeting. I looked at the calendar, and I may not be able to get into the yard again until Tuesday evening. I have to lead worship at the nursing home Sunday afternoon. Soon choir and adult ed will be done for the summer, and I'll only be spending one evening a week at the church instead of three. I'm looking forward to that.

Daughter called several times today. She was not in a very good mood. Of course I refused to go get her, which didn't do much to improve her mood. Life is much easier when I only experience the drama through phone calls. Much easier.

No comments: