Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Night at Home

I was thinking yesterday that I would like to encourage Daughter to skip choir practice tonight. I was at the church Monday and Wednesday evening and was craving a night home. She knew I was in a meeting all day today, so she didn't call, though she did post something on FaceBook that led me to believe the drama was continuing.
.
When she arrived home I was out back filling my first raised garden bed. She is in a bit of a mood, and announced she doesn't want to go to choir. I am relieved. I also just discovered that she is afraid if she is doing well, they will kick her out of her house. I assured her that's not the case, and we want her to do well.
.
I will email the entire team and make sure they are aware of Daughter's fear. She needs to know that success will not get her kicked up to a higher level of independence before she is ready. I think a quiet evening at home will be good for both of us.
.

No comments: