Monday, April 16, 2012

Another Attempt

This afternoon Daughter called me, "I need you and the cops here now."
.
"Why?"
.
"I'm being harassed by B."
.
This is an ongoing complaint. Daughter is quick to claim harassment, and B has poor self control. The combination can be volatile. They always have staff around to keep things from getting out of hand. Daughter also has a history of encouraging him. So my response was one I've given her many times, "Walk away from him. Put some distance between you."
.
"I did, but he keeps calling me."
.
"Don't answer your phone."
.
"I don't, but he keeps calling."
.
"Turn off your phone. He's trying to get to you. If you aren't reacting, he'll get bored and stop."
.
"But then I can't call you!"
.
"You can turn your phone back on this evening to call me."
.
Once again, she did not succeed in hooking me. I'm sure she's very frustrated. I wonder how long she'll keep trying to find a hook.
.
I spent the day working on my sermon and visiting with people who stopped by the office. I had a meeting this evening. It was a good day.

No comments: