Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Adoption Day

Yesterday was the 17th anniversary of Daughter's adoption. I had forgotten, but she didn't, she called in the morning, excited about it. I told her we'd celebrate Thursday when she's home. She wanted to celebrate last night. I told her it was my only evening home, and I needed to mow the lawn and do some other outside work. I asked if she wanted to come help, and she said we could celebrate Thursday.
.
A little before 4:00 she sent me a text message, which I copy with all of her unique spellings: I HOPE YOU R HAVEING FUN ON OUR SPECAIL DAY BECAUSE IAM HAVING A HELL OF A TIME THANKS TO U OF CORSE. I STILL LOVE U BUT I WAS HOPING TO SEE U TONIGHT.
.
She really is a pretty good speller considering her supposedly low IQ. I responded, "I'm sorry you are having a bad day. I love you and look forward to celebrating on Thursday."
.
She had cooled down by the time she called me yesterday evening-- I let her pick out where she wants to go for supper Thursday to give her something to look forward to.
.
Administrative Assistant walked in this morning and reminded me: "You have a committee meeting at 10:00, prayer service at noon, commission meeting at ___ church at 3:00, and then you're teaching adult ed here at 6:30. We had men here working (distracting me) all day. We did get some decisions made, so that's good. We are moving forward in exciting ways.
.
It is so much easier to deal with Daughter's drama when she doesn't live with me....

No comments: