Thursday, April 19, 2012

Loving Life

This morning I had breakfast with an ecumenical group of colleagues, then came to the church where I worked on worship planning. At 11:00 we met and planned music through the end of June. I also wrote my report and an agenda for Monday evening's board meeting. I went home and did some work in the garage before Daughter got home, and then we went out to dinner in celebration of Adoption Day.
.
We've had men working on various projects around the church all week. We really are blessed by a group of talented, dedicated individuals. In the large meeting room downstairs we now have a large white board and cork strips for pinning newsprint. I'm ready for our next planning meeting! I told the guys they've given me a challenge-- to fill up all the cork strips. They think I'm up to the task.
.
We're back at the church now, waiting for choir. I hope to get the sermon outlined, and Daughter is watching a new DVD she got with an amazon gift card. She was volatile earlier in the week, but is very content now. She has two invitations to upcoming dances. I offered the option of the two of us doing something fun instead, and she jumped all over it. I don't want a repeat of the drama at least year's dance.
.
This week I asked a retired church educator to consider heading up a parents' night out ministry this fall. She's considering doing it, and making lots of plans while she's considering it. I think she'll end up doing it.
.
I guess you could say this has been a busy day, or better, a busy week. I've loved it all. I love my life, and am excited about all the things going on around me.

No comments: