Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Miracle and The Meeting

I lead a group on contemplative prayer at 8:45 on Sunday mornings.  I've been dragging Daughter to the group, and she's been sitting alone down at the end of the table, looking very bored.  This past Sunday she joined the group, and asked some questions.  After worship, she asked me if she could have one of the books on contemplative prayer.  I gave her one, and she was quite excited. 

This morning, she called and told me she was very anxious about the pre-placement meeting today.  I suggested she try some of the things we've been doing in contemplative prayer.  She got excited, and said she was going to go get her book and her Bible and work on that. 

The meeting went very well.  There were 10 of us in the small room.  Daughter will go have supper at the house Friday evening.  As we were laying out the visits, I turned to Case Manager, who was sitting next to me, and said, "You're not going to do that to me, are you?  I see where this is headed."  She chuckled. Daughter will move on April 1st.  I'm not thrilled to have her moving the day after Easter, but I wasn't going to try to move her Holy Week.  I also said I wouldn't have time to help her pack.  The staff at her current home will have to help her do that. 

The owner of her new home said she was like a beam of sunshine when she entered the room.  She was appropriate throughout the meeting, and contributed.  She gave the owner a big hug and thanked her after the meeting.  I am relieved.  Very relieved. 

No comments: