Sunday, March 30, 2014

Little Things

We were having a discussion around tables at a fellowship meal following worship today.  We were talking about the future of the church.  It was interesting-- they were discussing what attracts younger members.  Daughter finally spoke up, and pointed out that the important thing was the message, not all the other things.  I was impressed. 

One of our members posted a picture of the first crocuses of spring on FaceBook today.  Another member commented, "God is doing a new thing," and tagged me in it.  Over 3 1/2 years ago I preached my first sermon here.  I talked about all the new things we would be facing together.  The symbol I chose for new things were crocuses.  I'm delighted that she still remembers and makes the connection.  We certainly have had a number of new things in the past 3 1/2 years. 

We are working on writing a new vision statement for the church.  I have 4 people who are meeting with me at 8:00 every Sunday morning as we work on this.  I'm really excited about the direction it's taking.  It's been a long winter, but I still love being here and the ministry we are doing together. 

No comments: