Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Orthopedic Wing

There are 4 of us at the church who have had orthopedic surgery in the last two months, and 2 more who are scheduled.  We've joked about needing to open an orthopedic wing at the church.  Today there were 3 of us in worship who are recovering from surgery.  The other 2 had their surgery before mine.  Both of them were complaining about lack of energy and being tired. 

It used to be that after almost any kind of surgery you were off work for 6-8 weeks.  I took 5 days off for my surgery, including the day of surgery.  Now I'm not back doing everything, but I am back to working full-time.  I think I need to have a bit more patience with myself as I recover. 

Daughter was concerned about how tired I was Friday evening.  Yesterday she called and told me was tired and didn't have any energy, so she didn't know if she could come to worship or not.  I suggested she call me this morning and tell me what she wanted to.  She didn't call, but she did respond to my text asking if she was going to go to church with a yes.  I figured that would be the case.  She loves going to church, and her attempt to elicit great concern from me didn't work. 

On the way home today she was again expressing concern about my tiredness.  I explained that the other 2 individuals who had surgery were also complaining of being tired, and a portion of our energy was going to healing, leaving less energy for other things.  She thought that made sense.  I'm still frustrated with my energy level.  It will improve. 

No comments: