Friday, March 28, 2014

Waiting for Spring

I'm still waiting for spring here.  I hope it comes soon.  Some grass has appeared in my front yard, but the back yard is still mostly snow covered.  I'm hoping once spring arrives my energy will improve and I'll feel better.  Snippets from the past week:

When I took Daughter home at about 1:30 on Sunday, no one was at the house.  Home Owner didn't respond to phone or text messages.  I brought her back home with me.  I had intended to take a nap, but didn't want to lock everything up, so while I dozed off (sitting up in my chair), I didn't get a  real nap.  She'd call the house every so often, and about 3:30 finally got an answer.  They'd gone to church and out to lunch, and had just arrived home.  Home Owner took them.  I keep reminding myself this is one of the better houses.  That's a scary thought.  The staff that didn't cook supper a couple of weeks ago is now off work and seeking medical treatment for unknown medical issues.  Home Owner is spending a great deal of time at the house, and there is a new staff member. In response to an email, HO has promised to let me know if they plan similar outings. 

Daughter turned 27 this week, which is hard to believe.  We'll celebrate today.  I'm taking her out to dinner and then we'll go to a concert.  It should be fun. 

The church is still torn up.  The restoration company is waiting for approval from the insurance company to proceed with the repairs.  I spent time with some colleagues this week, and one of them made our building issues seem minor.... 

Daughter is becoming increasingly helpful in the church office during her Thursdays there.  So much so that Administrative Assistant recruited someone to help her move the refrigerator back into the kitchen so we could lock it up.  Daughter had raided the freezer last week, and I was thinking I wouldn't let her work again until the repairs were done.  AA wanted her in the office.  I stopped by the office today, and AA was finishing up some work her Friday volunteers had begun.  It turns out she has to go behind them and double check their work.  Daughter is more accurate than they are.  That's frightening! 

Today I saw my surgeon.  There was good news and bad news.  It looks like there is new bone growth, which is very good news.  I can plan the piano again, which pleases me.  I can lift up to 20 pounds.  He said it would be 3 months before I could work in the yard.  That was depressing news.  I lost last summer to this arm, and don't want to lose this summer, too.  I go back in a month, and am going to see if there are some things I can do. Maybe the x-ray will look so great that he will tell me I can do whatever.  For now, though, I still have to protect it.  I so enjoy working in my gardens, so I am very frustrated. 

I hope to get back into the routine of posting regularly.  


No comments: