Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Trying New Things

This evening I baked some gluten free oatmeal cookies.  The original recipe called for butter, raisins, and chocolate chips, none of which I should have.  So I substituted earth blend and coconut oil for the butter, and then substituted dried cranberries and cashews for the raisins and chocolate chips.  They are very good.  I will definitely make them again.

This afternoon we did our first bit of Facebook advertising for the church.  We have a bazaar this Saturday, so we paid to boost a poster we put on church's Facebook page advertising it.  We were able to pick out the demographics we were looking for, so we went for women in the area.  It's getting  lots of views-- we'll have to see if that translates into customers. 

I cancelled out on a pastors' lunch and discussion today.  I stayed in the office to write the program for December 1.  I'm making good progress on it.  It's going to be fun.  We have a detective investigating a disturbance in Bethlehem, and he runs into an angel he questions.  "What's a king doing in a stable?"  "Sleeping." 

Next week I'll be out of the office half the week, the following week will be a short week because of Thanksgiving, and the following week Administrative Assistant will be out of the office for a day or two.  There is a lot going on, so we have to cram a great deal of work into the time we are in the office.  Today was productive, even though the phone was ringing much more than usual.  Several times I answered line 2 because AA was tied up on line 1.  We ignored most of the toll free calls. 

Even with the stress and heavy work load, we have fun in the office.  We always find something amusing that gives us a good laugh.  Daughter is not calling as much, and that helps.  She seems to be in a fairly good place right now.  I'm glad. 

No comments: