Sunday, September 14, 2014

Progress

Daughter is happy with the woman who is becoming the permanent staff member at her house.  This morning she said she no longer wanted to move.  Of course, this afternoon she wants to move because several staff members have asked her why she missed one of birth control pills.  Overall, though, she seems to be doing better. 

It was another great day at the church.  Attendance was good last week, and better this week.  A friend from the conference we attend each summer was in worship this morning.  She told me I'm preaching at the conference.  I guess that means she liked the worship service.  She did tell me she was impressed-- 4 people welcomed her before she sat down. 

I have a retreat with the regional church tomorrow and Tuesday.  I'm not looking forward to it.  I was trying to come up with an excuse not to go.  It makes for a short week in the office.  It looks like I'll get to work the concession booth at the football game Saturday.  I have told them I'm available if they need me.  Looking at the sign-up sheet, I think they'll need me.  Administrative Assistant thinks she'll be needed, too.  Neither of us is thrilled.  There are pleasurable aspects of it, and it is a lot of work. 


No comments: