Sunday, April 13, 2014

Gifts

This morning at church a man who lives in my neighborhood came over and told me he'd survived his gardens yesterday and was willing to do some work in mine.  He walked over this afternoon and spread all my wood chips.  I did some more clean up in my butterfly garden.  We've filled the 6 cans I have for yard waste again this week.  It's been great to spend time out in the yard this weekend.  Now I need to spend some time in my house working. 

With Holy Week, it's going to be a busy week.  I could easily spend 5 nights at the church this week.  I think I'll skip the Tuesday night event-- we're recording a skit we will be using on the Sundays following Easter.  Administrative Assistant (who has a background in theater) is going to be there to handle things. 

Daughter was helpful again today, though I think she's tired of working in the yard.  She doesn't enjoy it the way I do.  I figured out some ways I can work that don't put a strain on my wrist, which is good.  The weather is going to turn bad again, so I don't know when I'll next be able to get out there to work in the gardens, but I'm looking forward to it, whenever it might be. 

No comments: