Thursday, July 2, 2009

Snapshots


Last night Daughter was downstairs with a group of about 20 adults and youth who were sitting in a circle and talking. Daughter decided to give them all back rubs, so she made her way around the group, giving everyone a brief back rub. They loved it. They had a napkin they were passing around ahead of her because they were all drooling in anticipation.


Today I made Daughter walk around the lake with me. One end is shallow and marshy, and there is a bridge over it. I took the picture from that bridge. We also saw a pair of swans. After I forced her to go, she enjoyed our walk.


This evening the closing hymn in worship was "Here I Am, Lord." That was the closing hymn at Mom's memorial service. I stood there and sobbed. Daughter was quite concerned, and found a friend to comfort me.


Daughter had desperately wanted to sing a song and dedicate it to Grandma during the talent show after worship, but I vetoed the idea. She always tortures herself when she's in the talent show. Before I could even ask, they had decided to have everyone sing Amazing Grace in the talent show in memory of Mom. Once again, I lost it. But there was lots of good humor in the talent show. The youth made a joyful noise to the Lord on kazoos. There was lots of good, clean humor. We had an opera singer serenade us, and a teenager sang a song she had written. A kindergartner put her feet on her head, and we all shook our bushy tales. There was a slide show of a bunch of face book pictures because people have been having difficulty getting online this week, and they were concerned about withdrawal.


In short, this has been a wonderful week of worship, learning, fellowship, and renewal. We say tomorrow after breakfast.

No comments: