Monday, July 13, 2009

Home

We arrived home from our adventures yesterday just before 5:00. We had stopped at the kennel on our way into Tiny Village to pick up Cat and Kitten, who were as delighted to be home as we are.
.
There was a message on my machine about a woman who was hospitalized and not doing well. We unloaded the car, and headed to the hospital. I felt bad that her family didn't know I was on vacation. Fortunately, they had figured it out and found another minister to come in and give her comfort. I had a brief visit with them, and then took Daughter out to eat and we got groceries.
.
While I was away, I was contacted by a search committee about a position in a church a couple of hours from here. I spent some time last night researching the congregation on the Internet, and sent an email with my observations of their congregation and expressing my interest in the position. We'll see. I am being more proactive in my search for a new position, and have expanded the area I'm willing to consider greatly.
.
Daughter did remarkably well with vacation this year. I also noticed a number of things I don't notice when we're in our normal routine. She has a very low tolerance for frustration, and isn't able to step back and consider different ways to approach a task. She is still very volatile. We were in the car and she was showing signs of frustration. I asked her what was wrong and that really set her off.
.
I became aware of some changes I need to make in our routine. I'm going to cut back on both computer and TV time. My hope is to share some of the specifics of our vacation experiences over the next few days. For now, though, it is good to be home. It is good to hear Daughter singing on the front porch as she waits for the bus to pick her up and take her to the workshop. It is good to have Cat sleeping at my feet again, and to sleep in my own bed.

No comments: