Friday, July 3, 2009

Hangin' with My Niece

I'm at Sister's house right now. Daughter is sleeping. I have laundry in the washer and dryer. Niece is playing a computer game. She's 4 years old-- and it's a spelling game. She spells 95% of the words properly. She keeps reminding me of how well she spells for a 4 year old. Sister is packing, as tomorrow they are getting on a plane to go visit Far Away Sister.
.
This is a different visit for us. We will be staying in a motel-- it's the first time we've been here and haven't stayed with family. It is also the shortest time we've had with family. The family is changing. Mom is gone, and Dad is in a nursing home. It's a fancy nursing home, but it is still a nursing home. I grieve some of the changes, but I'm also enjoying the freedom we have to go off and do our own thing.
.
Tomorrow Daughter and I will hang with Dad, and then Sunday we will head out on our camping adventure. It looks like we will have excellent weather-- highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's and sunny. It will be great weather for hiking.
.
I'm tired, but it is a good tired, a content tired. I'm looking forward to campfires and walks in the woods.

No comments: