Friday, May 2, 2014

Good Intentions, and Better News

I had intended to start blogging more regularly this week.  Obviously, that didn't happen.  However, I do feel the depression is lifting.  I continue to be very busy at the church, and I am beginning to function a bit at home, too.  Today is Administrative Assistant's last day before a 2 week vacation.  She needs this vacation, as she has been tired and a bit grumpy lately.  Treasurer and I are both a bit worried about managing without her.  We will manage-- we have before and will again.  I did warn her, though, that with our memory issues, we might not remember her when she gets back.  She thought that was hilarious.  It has been an ongoing conversation that we need someone with a younger brain and better memory in the office.  Treasurer brought in a section of the newspaper to show us an article this week, and then couldn't remember what he wanted to show us. 

I let my phone at the church last Sunday.  AA and her husband (Sound Guy) were leaving at the same time, and AA suggested I go back in and get it.  The door was already locked, and I decided I could make it until I returned to church for the special evening service.  When we got to the restaurant, I was talking to some members about vacation plans.  Except I couldn't give them dates because I didn't have my phone.  I stopped back by the church after lunch to retrieve my phone. When I confessed I'd gone back for it that evening, SG turned to AA and said, "I told you!"  I guess I'm predictable. 

Daughter helped me clean my office at the church.  I am eliminating paper, so the notebooks I had for each committee were emptied of documents and stored.  All of the documents are in my computer, so there is no reason to keep paper copies around. 

I still have a great deal of work to do here at home, but I've made some progress on the piles of papers that were overtaking the kitchen.  I hope to get some more done today.  What I'd really like to do is be out working in the yard, but it is gray day and looks like it is going to rain. 

Daughter seems to be doing well-- she continues to impress us with her growth in the office.  She comes in on Thursday morning and gets right to work.  She  is completing her 4 regular tasks in less time each week.  It really is impressive, and we are grateful. 




No comments: