Sunday, May 25, 2014

My Gardens

Yesterday I spent some time outside doing one handed weeding.  I didn't want to kneel down (and push up with my hands), so I was bending over.  Today I have a sore back.  I'm also tired, as Daughter took extra insulin during the night and had a low at 5:30.  She won't be spending weekends with me for a while.

I have had three different church members use my lawn mower and mow my lawn.  They all thought it was terrible.  I had been thinking about buying a new lawn mower, and I began to think about it and realized that maybe, with a better mower, it wouldn't be the strain on my wrist and I could do it now.  Treasurer had recommended the kind of mower he bought last year, and offered to let me try it out to see if I liked it.  I went to talk to Treasurer about it today.  He said he'd bring it over tomorrow and I could try it, and then he'd mow my lawn.  He then went to talk to another man, D, who had volunteered to mow my yard this week.  D came over and informed me a major conflict was brewing in the church, as I was trying to mow my lawn and wouldn't let them mow it.  I told him that there is so much I can't do, and if I have a decent mower, maybe this is something I could do.  He's going to bring his mower over for me to try tomorrow.  His was also new last year, and has electric start and was less expensive than the one Treasurer bought.

Daughter did clean the kitchen yesterday, and I'm grateful.  I was going to post something about how well she's doing, but then she took extra insulin.  I didn't even have to praise her this time for her to sabotage herself.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good lawn mower should make it easier for you. Or, you can just pay a landscaper to do it. That's what we do.
Why does your DD take extra insulin? Is she confused by how much she needs, or does she do it deliberately? Did she eat something that she she shouldn't have?

Reverend Mom said...

I have a new lawn mower, and it is much easier now. A number of my neighbors hire one company to mow for them-- but I don't think he does a very good job. Plus, I enjoy mowing the lawn.

DD knows what she's doing when she takes the extra insulin-- it's attention seeking behavior.